The HELLGAME errata and clarifications as of October 21, 2003.
All these errors have been corrected in the I.I rulebook.
1. Change the second sentence on the cart to read: "The Daemon first chosen must each turn take the same kind of Action as the second Daemon, or if unable to do so Pass for Good. If necessary the lovesick Daemon must pass its way past its object of desire to learn what Action to take."
2. Change section 9.7.3 to read.
It is quite possible that none of the cards drawn will suit the player's purposes and he is not forced to play a Permanent Event Card he has drawn. Instead, he may discard it along with the others.
NOTE: Non-Permanent events can not be manipulated in this way.
18.104.22.168 Alternate Rule: Rigging Events
3. Change 11.2.1 to state that the Daemon with the most Stars of Magic involved decides which side should cast magic first. The Battle of Sugar Hill Example should be changed accordingly.
4. The combat example on page 25 has a serious error in the section on the Mu player's saves. The Mu player obviously does not need to roll any saves for Legion B and his Hellhound as those where not hit in the first place.
5. Ignore Hell Cards that call for things that do not exist at the moment. For example, if there are no Daemons walking the Earth while the Inquisition is at large, no one has to volunteer to distract it.
6. If players tie (in having the most Legions, fewest Favours or whatever) when trying to determine who will suffer or benefit from certain Hell and Arcana cards, use a die roll to resolve things.
7. In section 10.1 all references to tallying up "units" destroyed should read "Legions."
8. A lieutenant changing allegiance will take with him as many Legions (of the influencing players choice) from the Sectio as his Leadership Number allows, regardless of stacking or the presence of other Lieutenants in the Sectio.
9. Arcana Cards brought to a Combat, but not used may not later in the same turn be brought to another Combat.
10. All Atonement & Supplication tables have the same error. The 2 Hearts / roll 7-8 box should read "No."
11. The reference in 2.3.1 to 2.1.2 is in error. It should read 2.2.2.
12. Passing does not cause permanent change to the Rank Track. Instead the track should be reset after every turn.
13. In the Action Phase example on page 20 Baal takes a TRIPLE PASS, nothing else.
14. At the start of the game it is theoretically possible (once in 135751 hands) for a Triumvirate to get a complete Circle on hand. The other players must just make sure that things don't stay that way till the end of the first turn.
These things are NOT in the I.I rulebook.
15. Combat may never take place in Antehell.
16. MAD LOVE (continued). Discard the card if EITHER of the two Daemons involved is killed or Incapacitated.
CARD ERRATA as of October 21, 2003.
1. Yes, as Ashtaroth has six Hearts of Charisma she will always, barring bribes, succeed when she tries to Influence Units.
2. The "Famine" Hell Card affects all sides in a Sectio. Pick the units to be eaten at random.
3. The "Flesh of the Innocent" Arcana Card should have an extra line reading: "Place each Hellhound on a Legion to act as its minder."
4. Units immobilized by the "Riot" Arcana Card, may be moved by magical means.
5. The "Double Cross" Arcana Card, should be labelled "Counter" only.
6. The last line in the "Blinded by Science" Hell Card's Phenomena box should read "Quarter."
7. The "1-2" result on the "Black Rainbow" Arcana Card should read. "The Daemon remains incapacitated. Keep the card."
8. Duels caused by the "The Iago Syndrome" Arcana Card may take place even between Daemons in separate locales.
9. Belphegor may only discard ONE card during the Hell Phase.
11 "Mad Love" Change the second sentence on the card to read: "The Daemon first chosen must each turn take the same kind of Action as the second Daemon, or if unable to do so Pass for Good. If necessary the lovesick Daemon must pass its way past its object of desire to learn what Action to take." Discard the card if EITHER of the two Daemons involved is killed or Incapacitated.